Friday, April 18, 2014

Father's Day, The Empty Child, The Doctor Dances & Boom Town

Hello all. I have been remiss in my postings. I would lie and say life got in the way, but that's a lie. I'm just lazy. So here we go on with the recap of these four episodes.

Father's Day

I have a rocky relationship with my dad, so this one hit me in the feels. More so than any other so far. I think if I was in Rose's position I would have ended up altering time too, and I don't even like my dad. Watching this episode made me wish my dad was the kind of guy who would do what Pete did in the end. I don't think he would.


The Empty Child and The Doctor Dances

Where to start? One, I am a big wimp, so the kid scared the crap out of me. I was texting a friend, threatening to bail on this episode, but he talked me out of it. I'm glad he did. Everybody lives! And the Doctor is so happy. It's great.

The reason this episode terrified me is because of the story Room Zero. This story and Abandoned by Disney left an imprint on me. I love creepypastas and for a while had a slight addiction going on. I am not going to give any hints about the stories. If you want a good thrill, follow the links.

I was told by a friend, the same one who kept me from jettisoning from this episode, that Jack Harkness is the only man he'd go gay for. That's a lot of pressure for a character to live up to. He didn't disappoint totally, but he wasn't the most amazing thing I've ever seen. He's very cocky, which isn't a turn on for me. I will admit, if I were in Rose's shoes I would have been as swept off my feet as well. By balloons.


Just picture me in her place.

Jack is handy in a pinch and I am looking forward to starting Torchwood after Doctor Who. Eh, who am I kidding? I guess I do like Jack, but I really didn't want to because the aforementioned friend loves him. He's no Doctor, but he'd do in a pinch. Even if he might be the better dancer. 

I loved how this episode ended. "We do have a war on, are you sure you didn't miscount?" 

Boom Town

This also ended well. Gavin has been grounded for a while, so this was his first episode in a while. I liked how devoted Mickey is, but I don't blame him for not waiting. It's hard when she's never there. But she will always be the one who got away for him. Sigh. As long as Jack doesn't move in for the kill now >.<

The Slavine was so skilled at psychological weedling. I was impressed. I am glad she gets a do over. We could all use one from time to time. 



So that's it for now guys. Tonight, hopefully I will have time to watch the last two episodes of this season. I can't wait to see what is going on with the good Doctor, Rose and Jack. 




1 comment:

  1. Damn right you've been remiss! I was about to write you and demand more! Don't watch Torchwood! It's not that awesome but you will have to keep watching which means you will have to watch the third season which in my opinion is pretty disgusting. Slithene btw. I am a caption freak so I know how to spell almost everything. Except raxa-blah-blah-toreous haha. Be prepeared to cry. I don't think a single season finale hasn't made me cry.

    ReplyDelete